Dynamic Sixth Form Teaching (Session 2)
This programme specifically focuses on KS5 teaching with the aim to develop teacher skills and confidence in how to effectively teach subjects at sixth form.
With schools often concentrating on KS4 due to the crucial importance of GCSE grades, teachers can be left to find their own way when teaching A level subjects. These courses often challenge teachers regarding how best to deliver them and are of the upmost importance to the students and their future progression. Now that the recent government changes are embedded, it is the perfect time to explore ways of ensuring your sixth form teaching is dynamic, purposeful and successful.
This programme contains 4 core sessions with focus on the different aspects of sixth form success:
Session 1: Strategies for Success
• Loaded memory – planning course structure and teaching techniques that work
• What’s your focus – making every lesson count
• Implementing effective studying – making study time count
Session 2: Stretch, Challenge & Support
• Enabling all to access the course
• Stretch and challenge for the most able
• Embedding critical thinking
Session 3: Effective but Efficient Marking
• Who is working harder – you or the students?
• Making more of feedback
• Progress checks and tracking
Session 4: Motivation and Independence
• Enabling effective transition from GCSE to A Level
• Developing Independence
• Utilising Online Platforms
Who is it for?
This programme is for secondary pracitioners who currently teach or will be teaching at KS5 level.
TSA/SAT Schools: £30
Non-TSA Members: £50
(Chellaston Staff – £30)
Spring – Dates TBC
Click here to download a flyer.