The school SEND offer is the inclusive, accessible provision which supports children with special educational needs and disability to thrive.
As a fully inclusive school, Hilton Spencer Academy is committed to identifying and providing for the needs of all children. Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with SEND; and all staff are trained in and adhere to our model of good practice.
Children are recognised as individuals, with abilities and development needs which will vary across the curriculum. Class teachers and support staff are able to identify individual development requirements, and to provide lessons and activities which ensure good progress for pupils at all levels of ability.
Where children’s needs require support beyond the level that can be appropriately be provided by the class teacher, the school plays a co-ordinating role which may include working with the local authority to source additional specialist support.
As part of changes implemented by the Department for Education in 2014, all local authorities must publish information about how they support SEND pupils. This is called the ‘Local Offer.’
Supporting SEND children from home
During these exceptional circumstances the majority of SEND children will be educated and supported from home. Below you will find a variety of documents to support your child during these times. If you need any other support please feel free to contact the SENCo.
- SEND Support For Parents
- Coronavirus-Talking Mats
- COVID-19 Information for Young Children
- Mindfulness Menu
- Parent Information Leaflet
- Autism Outreach Social Stories
- Emotional Wellbeing Support
- Wellbeing Pack for Easter
- Online Classroom- Specialist Areas
- CAMHS Dowloads
- CAMHS Resources- Coronavirus
- Top Tips for Engaging Learning at Home
SEND at Hilton Spencer Academy
At Hilton Spencer Academy we believe that every child is unique and we aim to provide high quality provision that meets the needs of all our children.
We are committed to developing cultures, policies and practices that are inclusive.
Our aim is to provide the very best education for our pupils, allowing them all to achieve their full potential.
- SEN Information Report 2022-23
- SEN Policy
- Accessibilty Plan
- Derbyshire Local Offer
- Intimate and Personal Care Policy
- Physical Intervention Policy
- https://classroom.thenational.academy/specialist Oak Academy link)
- https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk/downloads (Camhs link)
- https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk/coronavirus (Camhs link)
- SENCo – C Wright