Hilton Spencer Academy Sports Premium 2019-20
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding directly from the DfE based on the number of pupils in years 1-6.
Amount Received: £22,770
Based on the previous January 2018 census data we will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. (£16,000+(£10×677)=£22,770).
The Governing Body and school staff decide how best to spend the Sports Premium in order to benefit our pupils, to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Sports Premium Spending
The governing body regularly evaluate the efficiency of spending. The principle aim is to achieve sustained long term benefits for the children.
At Hilton Spencer Academy we aim to:
- Provide a designated sports coach who can run lunchtime and after school sessions for pupils, support staff to deliver outstanding sessions and ensure our participation and success in regional competitions
- Provide specialist training for staff to develop their expertise and enhance their confidence in teaching all aspects of PE and sport
- Provide access to a wider range of physical and sporting activities both in and out of school
- Increase the number of children who participate in competitive sport
- Increase the amount of physical activity undertaken at school
- Purchase resources that will enhance our PE and sport curriculum
Sports Premium Monitoring
We monitor the effectiveness of Sports Premium funding in a variety of way, which include:
- Take up of extra-curricular clubs, broken down by gender and age
- Entry into and progress through competitive sporting fixtures and competitions
- Registering pupils sporting interests and prowess outside of the opportunities provided by school
- Take up of CPD opportunities by staff
The document below details how we intend to use this funding and how the funding is expected to improve the quality and effectiveness of our PE and sports provision.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.